Toxins are everywhere. They are potentially harmful ingredients in plastics, our food and water, the air and in our homes. Our entire environment is very toxic and unfortunately much of the damage has already been done to our soils and food chain. The good news is our bodies are designed to eliminate toxins and with support we can effectively reduce our toxic load.
In order to effectively eliminate toxins and fat we need to provide our bodies with nutrients that support both phases of detoxification as well as those that enhance the excretion of toxins through the bowels, kidneys and skin. Intermittent fasting will allow more physical hours for the body to detoxify and heal. Eating all meals within a 6-8 hour feeding window will allow for 16-18 hours of undisturbed processing time where the liver can function at peak capacity.
Reasons why you are carrying a high toxic burden:
1. Ongoing Exposure: Chemicals, xenoestrogens, endocrine disruptors, carcinogens, etc, are becoming more prevalent in the workplace, community and at home. Skin care products, plastic containers, aerosol cans, cleaning products, soaps, lotions and shampoos all negatively impact our toxic burden.
2. Inadequate Bowel Elimination: When the bowels are not functioning optimally, hormones and toxins have the ability to be reabsorbed and recycled. Chronic constipation leads to constant polluting and reexposure of our tissues and cells to toxins. Download my free Guide to hormone balance by clicking here.
3. Inadequate water intake: Water is not what only cleanses our bodies, but is also necessary to life and to orchestrate the complex interactions of our cells.
4. Stress: Chronic stress and the subsequent cortisol release has many negative impacts on our bodies including impairing system functions and inflammation.
5. Prescription Medications: Not only are many medications directly toxic to our system, but antibiotics specifically damage the intestine and eliminate both the good and bad bacteria.
6. Lack of Movement: Without movement the lymphatic system is not functioning optimally. We need to exercise to stimulate circulation and lymphatic movement to enhance elimination. Another way to promote lymphatic return is to consider adding dry brushing to your daily routine.
7. Inadequate sleep: Without sleep our bodies are unable to repair, rebuild, restore and heal. We must get adequate sleep to cleanse and detoxify as well as strengthen and build immunity.
Hippocrates said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” There is no magic drink or diet pill that will detox your body and help you lose weight. Nothing is more effective than providing your body with healing foods and dense nutrition. Throughout my Weight Loss on the Wild Side Pre-Cleanse Program I aim to teach you exactly what you need to purchase at the grocery store to have the greatest impact on your health. This knowledge will benefit your long term health, enhance your organs of detoxification and change the way you look and feel!
The goal of this cleanse is to consume high quality, nutrient dense foods with the power to heal and detoxify our body. This plan aims to remove stubborn body fat carrying with it stored toxins. Reducing your total toxic load may have additional benefits such as balancing your hormones, clearing your skin, improving sleep, enhancing your mood and increasing your energy.
I want you to feel invigorated, refreshed and cleansed by the end of day 4. In order to feel your best you need a cleanse that not only works on your physical body but also your mind. This is why throughout the 4 days I will also be promoting self-development and positivity in order to create an environment of acceptance and peace.
If you are not yet ready to dive in to a comprehensive program, try these tips to get started:
- Increase your intake of plant based nutrition. Everyday try and consume at least one cruciferous vegetable. Purchase organic when possible or at least from the “dirty dozen” list.
- Increase your water intake and add lemon for added benefits
- Move daily & outside if possible
- Sweat to excrete toxins through our largest organ, the skin!
- Add fresh herbs to your diet
- Eat high fibre foods to ensure you are having at least one bowel movement per day
- Consider the addition of a fasting practice (under supervision of a medical professional)
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Eliminate household toxins. Educate yourself on ingredients in detergents, cosmetics, person hygiene products, air fresheners, carpets, etc.
- Breathe Deeply. Spend 10 minutes a day in silence and go to bed with that you are thankful for.
I hope this has been helpful! I’d love to hear your tips comment below.